INTERN, PROGRAM COORDINATOR WILLOW BROOK FARM & ART CENTER
This position provides administrative work in support of the mission of Willow Brook Farm & Art Center in Barnstead, NH. This position has a great deal of flexibility, ideally running from April through October. Live-in accommodations of a private bedroom and food are provided.
Willow Brook Farm is a not-for-profit, organic farm and permaculture homestead seeking to educate the community in sustainable living and engage people learning and adopting alternative skills that lead to healthier lifestyles and communities. We strive to use the power of example, educational outreach and public arts to redefine the human relationship to nature. We support beginning farmers through a farming residency fellowship and apprenticeships. We support environmentally based artists with residency fellowships and commissions.
The primary responsibility is to assist the Executive Director in development of community events, educational programs, event coordination, and public outreach.
Projects and duties include:
- Events: assist in developing new event, organizing public workshops, summer harvest dinner, community pizza nights, volunteer appreciation dinner, and garlic planting day. Execution of events, including on-site running of events
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Publicity: assisting Executive Director with update of website content (WordPress) and social media content, manage production and distribution of publicity materials, assist in producing the newsletter.
- Fundraising Support: including sending email appeals, tracking responses and organizing acknowledgements.
- Assist in maintaining the grounds and facility as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ease with Excel, managing and sorting data, Google Drive
- Experience with CRM or fundraising database system a plus
- Great people skills and a desire to personally connect with our community and volunteers
- Interest in photography, video and story-telling
- Interest in developing social media presence
There are abundant opportunities to learn about permaculture, organic growing, business development, construction, timber framing, forest management, sawmilling, maple sugaring, bee keeping, orcharding, and Christmas tree production.
Willow Brook Farm comprises 76 acres of fields, trails, streams and ample wood resource. Third Stone Farm, a 24-acre adjoining property serves as a collaborative partner providing tools, equipment, expertise and additional land. Between these two farms, we have 100 acres that can sustain vegetable production, goat dairy, poultry, an organic cut-your-own Christmas tree farm, a permaculture nursery, a managed mixed hardwood forest, a fledgling organic hops operation, maple sugaring, and honey bees. While not at commercial scale, we also have apples, pears, and raspberries growing on the property. The Willow Brook Farm property includes a large barn that can provide shelter for animals, space for a workshop and events, and can support crop production and storage.
The residence is a 5+ bedroom antique colonial farmhouse that has been completely rehabilitated, updated with new heat, insulation, a modern kitchen, windows, plumbing, and wireless internet. Farmer Fellows share communal living spaces but have private bedrooms.
We are located in Barnstead, NH, not far from lakes and mountains with easy access to ample outdoor activities. Concord is nearby and Portsmouth is one hour away. The community of Barnstead has their own farmers’ market.
To apply, contact email@example.com